*The Anatomy of Forgiveness—*
· /What forgiveness is/
· /What forgiveness isn’t/
· /Maybe do that contrast in week #2/
/Perhaps—take the present notes—boil them down to list contrast??/
· /Or Use next week list to summarize the concepts/
/Need to Chart out /
· /Where is forgiveness POINTED in the teaching/
· /Towards God—Others—Self?/
· Regroup Last Week’s testimony—Dean Smith—Mom’s Murder
· Lots of layers
· Forgiveness one of the greatest keys we deal with in life
Testimony by Cindy
*Giving Forgiveness is just a theory until someone WRONGS you*.
· *RECEIVING forgiveness is just a theory until you need it *
o We’ve blown it
o We catch a glimpse of our sinful heart
o We see how desperately we need forgiveness
Want to talk about the *The Anatomy of Forgiveness *
Forgiveness is a powerful thing—*a CORE to LIFE!*
· *It is a KEY to life* that opens doors of
*It Releases Love in our heart for God*
· Luke 7: 47
, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven,/ the same/ loveth little.
47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much.
Forgiveness Releases *BLESSING~/Joy*
· *Ps 32*
1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.
Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight!
2 Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt,~* whose lives are lived in complete honesty!
Real Joy—now live in HONESTY
· Intimacy possible—transparency
· Ever felt like had to cover up—hide—lie who you really are
· Forgiveness is a MIRACLE
o Transforms our lives!
o CLEAN SLATE: New Beginnings- second chances
o In our lives
· It’s key in restoring our relationship with God
o Opens the door to a new beginning for us
· It’s a key piece that opens the door Brings healing
o Begins opportunity for restored relationship
*Pardon*: Really like the word ‘pardon’
· When you pardon others
· You are not holding anything they have done against them
· No longer able to be accountable
Think of presidential pardon
· */You were ALREADY judged/*
· */Convicted—SENTENCED /*
· Not saying didn’t commit crime
· After pardon—Can NEVER be prosecuted for the crime
That is the way God forgives us
· He grants a pardon from the King of kings
· When God forgives—He isn’t holding our sins against us anymore!
· He *PARDONS *our *SINS!!!!*
*Forgiveness works in THREE basic relationships in our lives*
· *God and Us*
· *Us and Others*
· *Towards Ourselves *
Each of these areas are a teaching in themselves
· Giving overview today
· ANATOMY—how something works—put together
· One of those things we need to REGULARLY have working in our lives
· Forgiveness like a good engine oil
o Keeps the engine from seizing
o Keeps things lubricated—working well together
· When Forgiveness flowing properly in our lives
o Like an engine—running with oil that is constantly being refreshed—GOTTA CHANGE OIL!!!!!!
o The Work of Forgiveness needs to be CONSTANTLY refreshed in our lives
o Doesn’t ‘overheat’ (check with Ron)
o Impurities don’t build up on the inside of the engine and corrode the parts
o Parts don’t ‘rub on each other’—but things work at top efficiency.
(BOC)—Apply Other Relationships.
o Just like you need to REGULARLY Change your oil
o Forgiveness needs to be RENEWED in our lives on a regular basis
Need to receive~/give forgiveness regularly
· I need to receive
o From God
o To those around me
o I give those a lot of opportunity for the gift of FORGIVENESS to operate in their lives!
· I need to give it
o As I extend Grace~/forgiveness to others
o Something happens on the inside
§ *Dean—Forgiveness is the BEST gift we give to ourselves*
o Graced releases on the inside of ME
o Forgiveness greatest gift give to self
· *Part of inhale~/exhale of Christian life*
· Lord’s Prayer
o Taught to daily pray
Matt 6: 12 and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
o Do you have that DAILY habit?
§ Anything standing between you and me, Lord?
§ Anyone I need to forgive?
§ Anyone I need to ask forgiveness???