Why Can I Believe In The Bible
Why Can I Believe The Bible?
I. History affirms it.
- A. Real places & people.
- B. Real survival. (I Peter 1:23-25; Psalm 119:89-91; Mark 13:31).
- C. Real influence.
II. Archaeology confirms it.
III. Its consistency proves it.
- A. Amazing unity.
- B. Fulfilled prophecy. (Isa. 45:1-4; Luke 24:44; John 5:39).
- C. Claims to be from God. (II Tim 3:16).
IV. The Holy Spirit gave it. (II Pet. 1:20-21; II Sam. 23:2; John 14:25-26; 16:13).
"revelation" = The direct communication of truth from God to others.
"inspiration" = God guided the human writers so they accurately wrote what He wanted written.
V. Jesus believed it.
- A. Believed it was the Word of God. (Mk. 12:36; 7:9-13).
- B. Believed it was true. (Jn. 17:17; 10:35).
VI. Changed lives substantiate it. (I Pet. 1:23; II Tim. 3:15-17).
Do I read, believe, love, & follow the Bible?