The Will of God - Part 1
SERMON NOTES 02122023
TITLE: The Will of God - Part 1
SCRIPTURE: Romans 9:1-33
MAIN IDEA: God’s will is that salvation be by grace through faith.
1. Paul's Anguish (vv. 1-5)
2. Paul's Argument (vv. 6-29)
3. Paul's Answer (vv. 30-33)
God’s will is that salvation always be by grace through faith!
Are you stumbling over the stumbling stone, or have you successfully believed on the Lord Jesus Christ?
REFLECT & DISCUSS
1. What situation made Paul feel sad and anguished?
2. How far was Paul willing to go for his fellow Jews?
3. What gifts and opportunities had God given to the Jewish people?
4. Who were the children of Isaac and Rebekah?
5. What decision did God make about Jacob and Esau before they were born?
6. How did Paul defend the accusation that God is unjust in His treatment of people?
7. What determines how God bestows favor on people?
8. What examples from history did Paul use to demonstrate God’s choice of blessing?
9. What right do we have to question God?
10. Why does God show great patience with us even though we deserve His wrath?
11. What did the prophets Isaiah and Hosea tell us about God’s patience and justice?
12. By what means have the Gentiles (non Jews) obtained righteousness?
13. What kept Israel from obtaining righteousness?
14. Over what has Israel stumbled?
15. How could a person come from a very religious background and still not have a personal faith in God?