What Shall We Do? (Acts 2)
What Shall We Do ? (Acts 2)
I. The Gospel message calls for a response. (2:36-37).
- A. Respond to a God who calls for action. (Luke 11:27-28; James 2).
- B. Respond to a God who does amazing things. (1:8; 2:1-13).
Mankind was entering a new era (dispensation) of history.
- C. Respond to a God who keeps His word. (2:14-17).
- D. Respond to a God who sent His Son. (2:22-23).
- E. Respond to a God who raises the dead. (2:24-35;I Cor. 15:1-4).
II. The Gospel message calls for a decision. (2:36-40).
- A. An emotional decision. (2:37; Isa. 53:4-6).
- B. An intellectual decision. (2:22-35).
III. The Gospel message calls for a commitment.
- A. Decide Who to follow. (2:36).
The real issue: What am I going to do about Jesus?
- B. Decide How to follow. (2:37-41).
1. 2 commands:
Repent; Be baptized.
2. 2 promises (results):
Forgiveness; The Holy Spirit.
What do you need to do?