Feeling Abandonded (10)
This weeks news June 18-23, 07
Disappearance of Jessie Davis, the 9-month pregnant woman missing from Ohio,
- Davis mother found the pregnant woman's home in disarray last week, with her two-year-old grandson wandering around alone
- A newborn girl has been found, left in
a basket on a school nurse's doorstep Monday June 18/07 night, which is about 45 miles from he missing woman's home
- Sat 6/23/07 Her body found and Davis'
boyfriend, Bobby Cutts Jr. Is charged with murder
- 18 yr. Ashley Truitt is accused of murder after throwing her new born baby down a Fla hotel trash chute
- Police found the newborn girl in a
- Abandoned Babies in Hospitals (1991)21,600 --(1998) 30,800 +43%
- Abandoned in Public Places (1991)65 --(1998)105 +62%
- Children Abused and Neglected (1991) 862,639 -- (1998) 903,395 +5%
v.10a "When my father & mother forsake me..."
- Why both?
- Father gives strong provision
- Mother gives tender love
- Security broken
- Our security is easily broken, lost and abandon from us
- The gloomy walls of the Prison de la
Roquette, in Paris, which is set apart for criminals that are condemned to be executed, and read over those huge, hideous gates the inscription,"
- Abandon hope all ye who enter here!
- We must be reminded that these are not life
- It's the infinite mercy of the Lord that will take us up
Ps 60:11-12 (KJV)
Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. 12 Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.
Ps 62:9 (KJV)
Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.
Ps 62:8 (KJV)
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Ps 62:9 (GNT)
Human beings are all like a puff of breath; great and small alike are worthless. Put them on the scales, and they weigh nothing; they are lighter than a mere breath.
Ps 62:8-9 (TLB)
O my people, trust him all the time. Pour out your longings before him, for he can help! 9 The greatest of men or the lowest both alike are nothing in his sight. They weigh less than air on scales.
Ps 46:1 (KJV)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble
Ps 27b "the Lord will take me up"
- 1 Jn talks about this.
- Which we have seen & heard repeated twice in opening 3 verse
- v. 3 Faith that is intensely real (Fellowship with the Lord
- 1 Jn gives to steps to follow
1 Get In The Light - 1 Jn 1:7
- Ps 27:4 - Dwell in his house
- To be in his presence
- Behold His beauty
- Delighting in Him
- Beauty of his Word
- Beauty of his love
- Beauty of great salvation
- Enquire in His temple
- Study, meditate, think at his feet
- To ask for guidance
2 Confess Sin
- 1 Jn 1:9
- Be identified with Christ
- This is HOLINESS
Abandoned by the World - Adopted by Christ
1. It is a faith in the living God
- 1 Jn 5:1
- Has a relationship with Christ
2. It is a faith that is real
- 1 Jn 2:29
- Does righteousness
3. It is a faith that is strengthen by past experience
- 1 Jn 5:4
- Built upon the truth of hope
4. It is a faith that never wavers
- 1 Jn 4:18
- Love casts out fear
5. It is a faith that triumphs
- 1 Jn 2:17, 5:13
- Life now and forever more
An abandon life worth something On the topmost stone of the Royal Exchange in the center of London is carved a large grasshopper. That figure is a sermon in stone upon this text. Some four hundred years ago a woman was passing along a country lane some miles from London, and placed a baby boy under a hedge, carefully wrapped up in a shawl. Soon after a boy passed by on his way home from school, and his attention was attracted to a grasshopper that crossed his path. Stooping down to find it, he saw the baby fast asleep. He joyfully took it home to his mother, who adopted the little stranger. The forsaken child thus providentially saved became one of London's greatest merchants, and after years of prosperity Sir Thomas Gresham built the Royal Exchange founded in 1565. Tody the Gresham Grasshopper can be seen on the Royal Exchange's weathervane.
When My Father and Mother forsake me then the Lord will take me up
- Never abandoned when we put our trust in Him