it is the LORD's purpose that prevails
It is the LORD's purpose that prevails
21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand. (KJV)
21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. (NIV)
Purpose: The reason that something exists, the goal of it´s existance
1. God is a God of purpose, everything that he does he does for a purpose. What ever purpose God has he makes a plan to fulfill it.
2. Everything in Life has a purpose.
3. Not every purpose is known
4. Where the purpose of something is not known there will be abuse or misuse. Spirit, Soul and Body! Mineral, Plant, or animal! Perverted purposes is our problem!
5. If you want to know the purpose of something, Don´t ask the thing created! Ask the creator!
6. Purpose is the key to fulfillment
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (KJV)
Pre-Destination: Knowing the end before the beginning. Knowing the purpose before you start. Knowing the goal before you begin to plan and to create.
Ÿ When you know your purpose, then death has to wait till you are finished!
Ÿ Jesus knew his purpose. He knew what he came to do, and when he would be finished, he also knew when and how he would die! He could say things like “My time is not yet,” or “You cannot take my life”.
Ÿ Paul: He was stoned, Shipwrecked, Whipped, snakebitten, He knew that he had a purpose and he was not planning on dieing before his purpose was finished.
Acts 9:15-16 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.(KJV)
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (KJV)
Get in the flow of what God is doing and you will be in his will for you!
How closely does our lives fit with God´s purposes and plans? Do they flow together or parallel or do they collide against one another? Or maybe you just don´t know or have never thought about it.