Sermon Tone Analysis
Overall tone of the sermon
This automated analysis scores the text on the likely presence of emotional, language, and social tones. There are no right or wrong scores; this is just an indication of tones readers or listeners may pick up from the text.
A score of 0.5 or higher indicates the tone is likely present.
Tone of specific sentences
.5 - .6
.6 - .7
.7 - .8
.8 - .9
Fitting title being that I am going to Nepal
- The love of Mountains, the beauty and awe.
The love of Mountains, the beauty and awe.
The climb of a mountain is pretty amazing.
- The climb of a mountain is pretty amazing.
Pretty amazing seeing everest
Dont worry not dwelling there
Mountain of the Law
- Mount Sinai Shook, and was full of smoke and fire and a loud noise before Moses ascends to receive the ten commandments.
It was along the way
It was part of the journey but not the destination
It was the revelation of penalty for sin
Revelation of Gods perfect holy nature and his wrath upon sin.
It is an important part of the journey but getting stuck here is detrimental to your spiritual progress
I also dont believe you can Pass go and collect $200
There needs to be a time in every persons life where they realize their fallen nature in contrast to a righteous God
As Jonathan Edwards said “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”
Mountain of Grace
- Contrast of two mountains.
- Law vs. Grace the two mountains
- Contrast, a desert mountain, full of fire, smoke, shaking, trembling, fear and terror, a place they were forbidden to go except moses.
- To a mountain that is in the city of God, full of beauty, fruit, grace, forgiveness,
Notice the active verbiage of this text
You have come 5x
Mount Zion - the city to worship
Assembly of the children - heirs
God himself - personal and close to the judge
The spirits of the righteous ones - community
You have come to Jesus - mediator - forgiver - savior
Everyone is on one is going to be judged from one of the two mountains.
Dont refuse to listen
Both to the reality of your sin but also to grace to jesus
You can not escape this reality its Jesus or Hell - Its Jesus or pay for your sins yourself
This wasn't just for Israel, he is shaking the whole world.
Only the Unshakable
We are receiving
Worship with holy fear and awe
For our God is a devouring fire
1. Receive with Gratefulness
- Make sure you are actually receiving.
- Knowing what it is that we have received.
- The best gift ever.
- Gratefulness stems from understanding.
Yet we can even fully but must learn and try.
2. Worship with Reverence
- Knowing who it is that we are worshiping.
- Reverence is a high level of respect and a attitude towards
- Awe is simply being blown away
- The fear of God is a good thing.
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
.5 - .6
.6 - .7
.7 - .8
.8 - .9