JESUS: THE RESURRECTION & THE LIFE
· Jesus travels to provide comfort (Christ comforts us in our times of sorrow)
o Travel Challenges (Warrant out for his Life)
· Jesus meets Mary and Martha where they are as it relates to their various personalities
· Martha & Mary’s belief in the healing power of God
o Fighting against the culture and its belief in reference to your faith and what you believe
o The general belief was that the spirit of the deceased hovered around the body for three days in anticipation of some possible means of reentry into the body. But on the third day it was believed that the body lost its color and the spirit was locked out. Therefore, the spirit was obliged to enter the chambers of Sheol (the place of the dead). The passing of the third day, therefore, signaled the conclusion of the last modicum of hope for the mourners.
·  Borchert, G. L. (1996). John 1–11 (Vol. 25A, p. 354). Nashville: Broadman & Holman Publishers.
· MAJOR IMPORTANCE
Their belief in him as the Christ and the Resurrection to Eternal Life
o Its not just believing in a Messiah, a Divine Power or a Higher Power, what you understand, know and believe about your God and Savior is important to how you live a life of obedience to Your God.
o What you believe about Jesus as the Messiah is important, wrong beliefs lead to wrong perspective’s which leads to wrong practices
· Jesus as the Resurrection and the Life
o Rom 5:12-14
o Eph 2:1-7
o We have been brought back to Spiritual Life and will be raised back to physical Life on the last Day
· Two Universal Cultural Truths
o All Humans have some from of Law about how not to treat People
o All Humans have recorded dealing with Death and the fear of Death
o The Bible addresses these two fundamental Issues like this
o Love God the Creator by how you treat your fellow man, remembering that I will judge you one day on those actions.
o Death is a result of you not believing me and that I exist and created you.
· Jesus delivers us from the Power of Sin and Spiritual Death
· Jesus provides us with a Spiritual life that answers the fundamental issues with fallen humanity