Exodus - Part 10
1. Wonders (mopheth). Used four times in Exodus and eleven other places. Basic idea: something that draws attention; a miracle.
2. Wonders (pala’). Used once in Exodus and once elsewhere. Basic idea: something extraordinary or wonderful.
3. Signs (’oth). Used six times in Exodus and thirteen times elsewhere. Basic idea: that which points to the power of God.
4. Plagues (maggephah). Used once in Exodus and once elsewhere. Basic idea: blows or smitings.
5. Stroke (nega‘). Used once. Basic idea: a touch or smiting.
6. Blow (negeph). Used once. Closely related in meaning to the word for “plagues.”