Glory! (pt.3) God's Love
#83 – Jesus Prays for Us pt.5
Text: John 17:23-26
1. The Place is Heaven (v.24)
2. The People in Union (v.24)
3. The Provision is ________ (v.26)
• __________ – and have loved them as You have loved Me
• __________ – for You loved Me before the foundation of the world
• __________ – that the love with which You loved Me may be in them
(1) Love sums up the entire OT Law (Lev.19:17-18; Mt.22:36-40).
(2) Love sums up the Christian’s responsibilities in the NT (Ro.13:10).
(3) Love is the capstone, crowning virtue, & end of all others (Ga.5:22-23 2Pe.1:5-7; Col.3:12-14).
(4) Love is the goal of Paul’s instruction (1Tim.1:5).
(5) Love is the divine mark of the Christian (John 13:35).
(6) Without love, the value of spiritual gifts is greatly devalued (1Co.13:1-3).
(7) Love is greater than the spiritual gifts and faith and hope (1Co.13:13).
(8) Love is easily lost; without one’s even being aware of it (Rev.2:4,5).
1Corinthians 13 – Are you loving well?
_____________ + ____________ + __________ = ______________!
(Place) (People) (Provision) (Promise)
Response to God’s Word ___________________________________