Foundation Stones (pt.2) God's Purposes
The Foundation Stone (pt.2)
Text: Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.
1. The Lord God is Sovereign (Rev.19:11-16)
• Sovereignty: God has the right and power to do all that He pleases as it is the consequence of God’s omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence.
2. His Purposes Cannot be _______________ (Ps.33)
Scripture Related to this Truth:
• Job 42:2, …and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.
• Ps.115:3, But our God is in heaven; He does whatever He pleases
• Isa.14:27, For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who will annul it?
• Isa.43:13, …I work, and who will reverse it?
• Isa.46:10, …And I will do all My pleasure.
• Eph.1:11, Who works all things to the counsel of His will
Jer.29:11, …to give you a future and a hope.
What are God’s Purposes?
A. To __________ Himself – Resulting in _______
B. To __________ His People – Resulting in _______
C. To __________ Creation – Resulting in ________
D. To __________ Forever – Resulting in _________